ICT Supporting Social Inclusion and Human Dignity
The constant capillarization in the use of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) during daily actions and in the different contexts of life (home, community, work, school, etc.), cannot be ignored within project, research and application groups (both public and private sector) that are aimed at the promotion and sustainability of new inclusive processes.
How can we contribute to promoting and supporting new inclusive processes through ICT? If on the one hand it is clear that we must continue to improve and develop the process of Inclusive Education, then on the other hand we may need to reflect and elaborate on the meaning of the concept of Social Inclusion.
Starting from the awareness that ICT enables people to overcome barriers and to do something previously considered impossible, the BODYNETS 2019 international conference will host a Workshop Session on ICT Supporting Social Inclusion and Human Dignity.
In order to prompt a discussion about how technologies can foster the processes of Social Inclusion and the conservation of Human Dignity, you are invited to submit a contribution within the 15th of April related but not limited to the following topics:
- ICT facilitating opportunities for Social Inclusion for children and young people with disabilities through leisure and entertainment activities;
- ICT facilitating the participation of athletes with disabilities in team sports, in particular reducing traumatic events;
- ICT reducing the need to support athletes with disabilities during training as well as during sports events;
- ICT supporting sport and recreational activities for children, young people and adults with disabilities, but also for elderly people;
- ICT supporting people with disabilities in retaining their Human Dignity.
Full Paper Submission deadline
15 May 2019
15 June 2019
15 July 2019
Start of Conference
2 October 2019
End of Conference
3 October 2019