8th International Conference on Body Area Networks
You are cordially invited to participate in the 8th International Conference on Body Area Networks (BodyNets 2013) to be held at UMass Club, MA, USA, during September 30 to October 2 (Monday - Wednesday), 2013.
BodyNets 2013 aims to provide a world-leading and unique opportunity for bringing together researchers and practitioners from diverse disciplines to plan, analyze, design, build, deploy and experiment with/on body area networks (BANs).
Sponsored by EAI, IEEE EMB, ACM SIGCHI and CREATE-NET, BodyNets 2013 will feature the state-of-the-art keynote speeches, parallel technical sessions, focused special tracks, interactive demo/poster sessions, informative co-located workshops and entertaining social functions. Here are several important notes and annoucements:
- Seven keynote speeches by world authorities have been arranged: Paolo Bonato, Ki Chon, Geneviève Dion, Ryuji Kohno, Tadashi Nakano, Kamran Sayrafian, and Benjamin Schlatka.
The technical program consists of the main track and nine special tracks:
- Antennas for Body Area Networks (ABAN)
- Body Area Networks for Sports Applications and Systems (BANS)
- Brain and Body Computing based on Embodied Knowledge (BBC)
- Cloud-assisted Cyber-Physical Systems (CCPS)
- Energy Harvesting in Body Area Networks (EHBAN)
- Healthcare Applications and Challenges of Body Area Networks (HACBAN)
- Human Body Communications (HBC)
- Nano-scale Communications and Networking (NCN)
- Privacy, Security and Trust in Body Area Networks (PSTBAN)
- Each track has regular and short paper presentations. 110+ paper presentations are planned in total. The acceptance rate of regular papers is 35% in the main track.
- Poster session will take place in the afternoon of September 30. 15+ posters are planned.
- All accepted conference and workshop papers will be published at ACM Digital Library and submitted for indexing by ISI, EI Compendex, Scopus, Google Scholar and many more.
- A selected number of papers will be considered for publication in the following leading journals:
- Two co-located worskhops will take place: UWBAN (Oct. 2) and PFT-BAN (Oct. 2). The workshops will feature invited speeches by Huan-Bang Li, Kaveh Pahlavan and Moe Win.
- A list of hotels and other accommodation is available.
The BodyNets 2013 organizers are working hard to make this conference a great success and memorable for everyone. Register now and we very much look forward to meeting you in Boston in September 2013.
BodyNets 2013 will feature several state-of-the-art keynote speeches by:
Paolo Bonato, Harvard Medical School, USA
Title: "Body Sensor Networks and Their Role in Transforming Healthcare."
Date and Time: Oct 2, 2:00-3:00
Ki H Chon, Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Title: "Towards development of an underwater dive monitor for early detection of decompression sickness."
Date and Time: Sept 30, 1:30-2:30
Geneviève Dion, Drexel University, USA
Title: "Garment Device: Challenges to Fabrication of Wearable Technology."
Date and Time: Oct 1, 8:00-9:00
Ryuji Kohno, Yokohama National University, Japan
Title: "Business Breakthrough and New Research Fields by Regulatory Science for Body Area Networks."
Date and Time: Oct 1, 2:00-3:00
Tadashi Nakano, Osaka University, Japan
Title: "Molecular Communication and Networking."
Date and Time: Oct 1, 9:00-10:00
Kamran Sayrafian, National Institute of Standards and Technology, USA
Title: "Using Virtual Reality to Study RF Propagation, Interference & Kinetic Energy Harvesting in Body Area Networks."
Date and Time: Sept 30, 8:30-9:30
Benjamin Schlatka, MC10 Inc., USA
Title:"Reshaping Electronics for the Human Body."
Date and Time: Oct 2, 8:00-9:00
Ilangko Balasingham, Oslo University Hospital and Norwegian University of Science and Technology
Title: "Nano-to-Neuron Interfaces and Communications."
Date and Time: Oct 2, 10:00-10:45
Huan-Bang Li, National Institute of Information and Communication Technology (NICT), Japan
Title: "Ultra Wideband Technology for Healthcare and Welfare."
Date and Time: Oct 2, 9:15-10:00
Kaveh Pahlavan, Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Title: "Body-SLAM: Simultaneous Localization and Mapping of Inside the Human Body."
Date and Time: Oct 2, 1:30-2:00
Moe Win, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Title: "Network Localization and Navigation."
Date and Time: Oct 2, 2:00-2:30
STUDENT PARTICIPATION GRANTS
BodyNets 2013 provides a limited number of student participation grants. Full-time students are qualified to apply. See this page for more details. The application deadline is August 9.